I have went through a lot of cleansers. Most of them did a decent job of washing my bare face but very few were able to cut through makeup and a few really pissed off my skin.
- The awesome (cuts through makeup, leaves my face clean, doesn’t aggravate my skin): Mario Badescu Cleansing Milk with carnations and rice oil, The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Wash
- The good (leaves my face clean, doesn’t aggravate my skin): Neutrogena Oil-Free Face Wash, Equate Oil-Free Face Wash, Equate Sensitive Skin Face Wash, Simple Micellar Cleansing Water, Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water
- The bad: (leaves my face clean-ish but bothers my skin): ELF Cleanser, Dollar Tree Oil-Free Face Wash
- The ugly (didn’t do crap for me except make my skin angry): Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser, Neutrogena Foaming Cleanser, Equate Black Head Clearing Exfoliating Cleanser
I have had a few duds (Aveeno). I’ve had a few duds that I didn’t know were duds until I started looking into actual skin care (that exfoliating cleanser). I’ve had a few decent ones that just stopped working for me (Equate ones from the “good” category). Right now, MB’s cleansing milk and the tea tree face wash are doing a good job. But I am definitely on the hunt to try out more.
I’ll note note none of these products can get off good mascara. I still have to use makeup remover for that.
My current list to check out in the future includes:
- The rest of the MB tea tree oil line
- Biore Baking Soda Liquid Pore Cleanser
I will be trying new cleansers over the last couple of months and I’ll let you know if I find any more gems. 🙂