I picked up Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush as part of my birthday gift from Sephora in March. I also got a lipstick with this gift. The full-size blush retails at $28.00 ($140.00/oz). This is in the shade Paaarty. It scored an 18.
This blush is not bad but not as great as I expected for a $28.00 product.
- It does not smell.
- It lasts for 12 hours or longer.
- The pigmentation is subtle, not the Barbie pink I expected.
- It is super blendable. This almost went into the con category because it is really easy to just blend all the color away.
- It has a lot of fall out when picking it up with a brush.
- If you want a noticeable color, you have to build up to it carefully. This blends out so much that it is not easy to get a lot of color. Not an issue for me as I prefer my blush to barely show but some people want that visibility.
I’m never going to turn down free makeup so this is a very welcome addition to my collection. However, this has left me fairly unimpressed as far as the cost goes compared to what it does. There are way to many other affordable blushes on the market. I will not be purchasing a full size of this product.