I got the J.Cat Beauty The Big Eye Pencil as part of the brand’s eye vault. 9 items for $24.00! This product normally retails for $3.99 ($22.17/oz). I got this in the shades marshmallow and charcoal.
This product scored a 17, the lowest score out of all of the eye vault items. However, I like the product and will continue to use it.
These are chubby pencils. They can be sharpened but you’ll need the larger size cosmetic sharpener. They won’t fit in the small one.
- The pigmentation is very good.
- The product is creamy so it doesn’t take work to get pay out.
- If you want a smoky blown out eyeliner look, these make that very simple just by applying it! The line is thick and slightly fuzzy so it already looks smudged.
- These are chunky pencils so you can’t get a fine line for eyeliner.
- This product is soft. Very soft. When using as an eyeshadow, it is super easy to break the tip of the pencil off, requiring it to be sharpened.
- The further you sharpen the pencil, the softer the product becomes.
- If you push too hard when trying to apply this, it will go on streaky. Use light short strokes for best application.
- The product is creamy so it will transfer like crazy until it dries. Using this as an eyeliner, this isn’t too much of a problem since I had to put eyeshadow over top of it. But wearing it on the water line or as an eyeshadow can be tricky if you can’t set it properly.
- If you use this as an eyeshadow, you must use an eyeshadow primer that has been set with a powder. If you leave this product on naked skin, it will never dry and it will get everywhere.
- If you don’t set it, the color will fade off by about 8 hours despite eyeshadow primer because it will move all over the place. If you set it, it’ll last a bit longer and stay in place better.
For the cost, I am calling these okay. They aren’t amazing like some of the other J.Cat Beauty items in the eye vault but they are decent for 4 bucks. They have 8 more shades but none of them are particularly interesting to me. I will probably use these 2 until they are out but I don’t think I’ll buy them again.