This is not a regular segment and I’m not going to start posting selfies daily or anything. However, I wanted to share some interesting things going on with my makeup today.
Not going to lie, I filtered the crap out of this photo. Not for vanity but because my freaking light is driving me crazy. I cannot get away from bad lighting. Either it is shadowy and yellow in my bedroom or blinding and washed out in the bathroom. There is no happy medium. I took this in the hallway between my bedroom and the bathroom and it still sucked.
Anyways, this is what I have going on today:
- Face: Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream in light-medium, ELF loose powder in sheer, Ulta blush in honey bunny, and ELF baked highlighter in blushed gems. No primer, contour, or bronzer!
- Eyes: Urban Decay Primer Potion, Wet N Wild trio in Plaid to the Bone (only 2 of the 3 shades), Revlon Colorstay auto pencil in black brown, and Essence Get Big Lashes Triple Black mascara. No eyebrow filler.
- Lips: All ColourPop – lip primer, lip liner in dopey, and ultra matte lip in Viper.
I have a few things to point out with today’s makeup.
- Smashbox claims this BB cream is a 5-in-1 product that includes primer. We shall see about that. It works well with primer. Let’s see how it works without it.
- That mascara is kind of amazing. It does the thickness I want without adding length. 100% what I need. It is comparable out the gate to Perversion. I have to see how it does all day but I might have found my drugstore version of Perversion! If it lasts all day and is easy to take off at night, I might cry. 😀
- I love this lip color but I’m not crazy about how the matte lipsticks dry. My lips are nice and supple right now. Exfoliated and lip balmed. Smooth as a baby’s butt. So why am I seeing every single line in my lips now? That is slightly irritating. If this flakes off, I’m going to be mad.
Alright, that’s it. Thanks for indulging me while I fret about my makeup today. I know this is a bit different that my usual makeup reviews. Are these kinds of posts interesting? Should I do more full face makeup posts or just stick to my regular stuff? I won’t be insulted if you say stick to my regular stuff, fyi. 😀