So I was nominated by Safa at Talk Makeup To Me for a Blogger Recognition Award. Safa, thank you! That was very sweet. If you like makeup, check her blog for reviews and some great information about affordable makeup. 😀
I had no idea what this thing was so I stopped by Safa’s post about it (here) and copied her details (and the picture above… I guess that is what I was supposed to do):
If you’re nominated for the award then congratulations! This means the nominator likes your blog and your work so they think you deserve recognition for it. Whether you’re a new blogger or you’ve been blogging for a while, anyone can be nominated.
Here are a few rules to follow if you’ve been nominated:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
This is such a cool way to interact with the blogging community!
Let’s see… I thanked Safa and linked her blog, this is the post about the award. So um…
My blog was started because I just recently got into makeup and love details. I started keeping track of where I got the makeup, how much it cost, what the price/ounce was, and how the makeup worked out. I figured I am so new to makeup that I could have an unbiased opinion on makeup, at least for a while, and I wanted to catalog that while I could.
My blog is less than 5 weeks old so I feel a little sketchy about giving advice to other bloggers. However, if I had to give anyone advice about blogging/social media, it would be:
- Interact with people. Like, really interact. Leave comments that are more conversational than “Cool.” Read their blog posts (yeah, actually read it… don’t just click “like” in the reader and comment “awesome” and pat yourself on the back). Answer the question they posted at the end (if they posted one). Make recommendations. Complement their pictures or graphics. Give advice if they as for it. Be positive in your interactions but be honest too. Be open to building a following through real interactions.
- When starting your blog, make sure you have enough content to keep the steam going. Going into blogging with a catchy theme and 1 or 2 incredible posts is great. But if you have nothing to follow that up, you will struggle to write new content. The struggle turns into a chore and then people stop blogging. I keep a file on my computer with a list of blog topics if I’m struggling and a few random posts that I’ve written out but haven’t found a time or place to post them. I always have my phone on me so I throw notes into the notepad if I come up with a good blog idea too. All in an effort to keep blogging easier on myself!
Er… that might be more than 2 pieces of advice lumped together. Go me. 😀
Now to nominate some bloggers!
Currently, Lately was the first blog I followed when I made Stuff in a Powder Puff. Paige is a great blogger that posts about makeup, food, reading, and more. I love it when I see a new post show up! I really want to copy her tile style blog but feel bad about it every time I’m tempted.
Beautyholics101 is run by best friends Christine and Hailey. They take turns posting about the things they love including makeup and fashion. Their blog is full of reviews, tutorials, and fun pretty things. I love their photos!
Life With Lizzie is a powerful blog full of positivity, raw honesty, and advice for living a better life coming from someone doing exactly that. Mixed in with that are some amazing photos, makeup posts, and fun posts.
Paint Me a Smile is an inspirational blog full of cooking, journaling, rants, and favorites posts. I love Hannah’s style, how organized her blog is, and the gratitude challenge she is currently taking on is so cool to read about.
Jewell’s Lips and Tips is a different style of blog than I normally follow. It is a beauty blog but many of her posts are YouTube videos. That is really neat. Video media will never replace the written word for me but it is so much easier to show something’s sparkle power in a live-action video versus a still-frame photo.
Simply Stella is a beauty blog that is so full of information. Stella’s pictures are great and she reviews some incredible things. Not just makeup, but skin care, hair care, and fashion too.
Beauty Over Forty is great for all of us that aren’t teenagers and looking for skin care/makeup advice that doesn’t involve Instagram eyebrows. Ekatemmy reviews a mix of everything: expensive stuff, low-end stuff, tools, etc. She reminds me a lot of Tati on Youtube because she looks at things based on if they are worth the hype. I really dig that.
Life In Lipstick is such a fun blog. Brittany blogs about makeup but also about her life in general, shares books, and recipes. Anyone that wants to share books with the world is good to me! She has been nominated for several awards already and she deserves every single one.
In Her Shoes is run by Kaili and I always look forward to her blogs because they are often about one of my favorite things: subscription boxes! Ahh! She gets the WalMart Beauty Box, Boxycharm, Ipsy, and Stitch Fix. It is so much fun to read her posts and watch her videos. Like Jewell, she posts videos on her blog as well and I love it.
Kit Cat Tries That is a blog I recently started following. Carrie posts primarily about makeup and is passionate about helping other makeup users out. Be it interesting hacks/tips or calling out the counterfeit makeup trade, she wants everyone to enjoy beauty but to do so safely. I respect that a lot.
Talk Makeup To Me has already been nominated but I definitely want to add Safa to this list. Her blog is a couple weeks older than mine and it is amazing. Her photos are always arranged so attractively and she is so positive. She is super sweet too. Thanks again for the nomination Safa.
Well, that isn’t quite 15 people but those are the blogs that I always try to find in my reader each day with content that I adore. I will give a shout out (copy and pasted, I don’t have time to write 11 unique comments with the exact same intended message tonight haha) to these lovely bloggers very soon. ❤