Just a short Stuff in a Powder Puff update on the Rimmel London Lash Accelerator Serum tonight.
I’ve applied this product 7 nights in a row. Here is what I’ve learned:
- The entire wand applicator is a huge pain in the butt. The plastic spoolie part has little to no length in the “bristle” (it is just a bunch of concentric ridges). The brush tip is too flimsy to be of use for anything other than applying at the lash line and barely useful for that. I could use with a better designed spoolie and a firmer angle shaped brush applicator.
- Applying this stuff sucks. I can’t paint it into my eyebrows and I can’t brush it in either. So I’ve just been smashing it into my eyebrows and rubbing it in while hoping I’m not ripping eyebrow hairs out in the process. As long as it gets to the roots, right?
- I am not getting the white flaking that I saw in reviews. So there is a positive! 🙂
- I am getting used to how firm all the eyebrow hairs and eyelashes are when this stuff dries. It isn’t pleasant but it could be worse. My eyelashes are definitely clumping together after application. Major spider lashes vibe going on. I am not using a clean spoolie to break them up anymore though.
- I am not waking up with my eyelashes matted together like several reviews complained about. Also a positive. 🙂 Maybe it is because I wait at least 15 minutes after application to go to sleep.
- It doesn’t burn my eyes like I figured it would. Out of 7 applications, this stuff has gotten in my eyes every single time. It has only burned once. My eyes were very irritated that day so I’m guessing they were extra sensitive.
- I have not broken out yet. I have super sensitive skin (and eyes). This product has not given me hives or red, bloodshot eyes, or any other uncomfortable allergic reaction. Sweet!
- I am not losing eyelashes or eyebrown hairs any more than is typical. That was probably my greatest fear. 1 week in and so far so good on unusual shedding.
It is way too early to tell if this product is actually doing anything for hair growth of my eyelashes and eyebrows. But I am dedicated to giving this stuff a real shot. After January 12th, I will update with pictures. If I see any improvement, I might be convinced to try it twice a day. I’ll keep you up to date if I notice anything different between now and then! See ya Puffins! ❤